Oil Shale Competence Center
Oil shale has been systematically investigated in Ida-Virumaa since 1958 year, when Oil Shale Scientinfic-Research Institute was established in Kohtla-Järve. Fuels Technology Research-Testing Laboratory works in Virumaa College of TalTech as the descendant of the former Kohtla-Järve Oil Shale Institute.
Oil Shale Competence Center (OSCC) was established on the basis of the laboratory as a structural unit of Viruma College of TTU on the 25th of January 2011.
Oil Shale Competence Center is research-development center, which offers services to the companies and public sector primarily in the field of oil shale and chemistry.
- offers development and laboratory services;
- offers business services to the companies of another technical fields;
- carries out scientific researches in its sphere of action.
- to be internationally acknowledged leader of oil shale and other bound natural resources worthy use;
- to be internationally acknowledged scientific-development center and services' supplier in the field of oil shale chemistry;
- independent expert in the field of oil shale;
- domain relevant entrepreneurship and region development promoter.