International Business Administration
The programme focuses on specific areas such as entrepreneurship, corporate finance, business to business marketing, organisational management, EU institutions, ethical issues in the international business environment, and more. Students will become experts in how to successfully do international business and they have the opportunity to study business environment in the Baltic countries, Scandinavia, Russia, and the EU.
LEVEL OF STUDYMaster's
STUDY LOAD120 ECTS (view curriculum)
MODE OF STUDYFull-time study
This programme uses the traditional content and curriculum of MBA studies and is tailor-made for future leaders in private and public life. In the programme design, key words are comparability, practicability and extensiveness, which all can be summed up in one concept – quality.
The 2 year (120 ECTS) curriculum comprises the following modules:
- General studies: Entrepreneurship Studies (6 ECTS)
- Core studies:
- Economics, Financial Management and Accounting (18 ECTS)
- Corporate Governance, Management and Marketing (30 ECTS)
- Special Studies (36 ECTS)
- Free Choice Courses (6 ECTS)
- Graduation Thesis (24 ECTS)
Mike Wahl, PhD (Business Administration), MBA, MSc (Foodservice Technology) is associate professor of management at TalTech, Estonian Business School, and visiting professor at Université Claude Bernard Lyon 1. He is teaching corporate governance, strategic management, and master degree courses for master students. He is member of the International Corporate Governance Research Network, European Institute for Advanced Studies in Management (EIASM), and Indian Academy of Management (INDAM). Before commitment to his academic career he used to work as manager in influential hospitality and retailing enterprises like Gloria, Kultas & ko, Reval Hotelligrupi, Hansa Hotel, Balt-Hellin, Strand, and Rimi Eesti Food Ltd.
Gunnar Prause is Professor of Business Development at the School of Business and Governance of TalTech in Estonia and he is board member of the Institute of Cooperative Studies at Humboldt University in Berlin. His working areas are entrepreneurship, innovation and SME management, supply chain management and business development. He enjoys a 15-year experience in European projects with a focus on logistics, innovation and regional development in Europe with a focus on Baltic Sea Region. Professor Prause lectured and was invited to presentations in numerous countries around the world and he published a large number of scientific papers and books.
Maris Zernand-Vilson is a Lecturer in management. She is currently teaching management, organizational behavior and human resources management. She has defended her PhD in the study of implementation of new management ideas. She has been supervisor for numerous research and graduation papers and has created and conducted executive trainings. She has been active in the field of schoolmasters’ development, leading the community activities and taking part in local government management. By her opinion, the educational renewal is the biggest challenge in the university at the moment and implementation of new learning styles is the most exciting part of job.
"The programme not only provides students with high quality training in business administration but also bring to students an entrepreneurial awareness which is essential for today’s business success. In addition, the innovative teaching methods, approachable teaching staff, and modern learning environment will ensure an excellent learning experience. I would like to invite you to undertake the MBA programme in TalTech in one of the world’s most dynamic and entrepreneurial regions."
- Xiaosong Zheng, Associate Professor
TalTech School of Business and Governance
Why this specialty?
- The school starts after your regular working day at 17:45 and ends 21:00
- Largest and most international faculty of business and economics in Estonia
- Many opportunities for start-up businesses, business model competitions and international summer schools
- Co-operation with Estonian corporate sector and state institutions; main partners are Ominiva, East-Tallinn Central Hospital, Swedbank, PricewaterhouseCoopers, KPMG etc.
- TalTech alumni membership; some of the members are in leading positions in Estonian economy and in business, which in turn enables to find business partners in the region
The Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is designed to further enhance the careers of individuals interested in business and management. The qualification lends itself to a variety of careers and the substantial investment is almost certain to be reflected in increased earnings potential. MBA graduates are expected to gain a higher strategic approach to decision making, enhanced leadership capabilities and an adaptable approach to ever-changing business environments.
An MBA is extremely versatile and valuable, and will allow you to pivot in many different directions depending on your career aspiration, skills, and interests.
"The reason I first came to study in TalTech was the fact that this university provides a truly innovative, friendly and international environment. As a person who comes from a trilingual family background and lived most of her life abroad, I have always been very impressed with how much care and effort the university puts in the education and wellbeing of its international students. After finishing my bachelor degree, I went to Germany for a year to start with my master’s degree. However, I had to realise very soon that I missed the motivating learning environment that TalTech offers so I made a decision to move back to Tallinn to start with my MBA degree and continue working as the Head of International Affairs of United Nations Association Estonia."
Juliane Jokinen, Finland
Alumnus of the International Business Administration
Bachelor's degree or equivalent
At least 2 years working experience is required as a manager
No degree restrictions based on the previous study field.
In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
- Aspects evaluated during the interview:
- Why do you prefer MBA programme over other study fields?
- Why do you want to study International Business Administration?
- Do you have any previous experience or connection to this field?
- What are in your opinion the most useful features of Business Administration academic programme?
- How could you enrich our MBA programme?
- What are your experiences as a manager?
- What are your career plans for the near future?
- Which of your personal traits and professional skills will be most useful when studying MBA?
- How will MBA diploma acquired at TalTech help you to achieve your goals?
- As you should be aware, acquiring MA degree requires writing a thesis. Which topic and why would you choose for your thesis?
- How do you feel about writing a thesis and reading significant amount of academic literature?
Duration of the interview is approximately 10 minutes.
Students for TalTech international study programmes are admitted based on the admission threshold. The maximum score for online application (CV) and interview is 10 points. An applicant who receives the minimum of 5 points is admitted.
TalTech international admissions office
TalTech international admissions office provides general advice to prospective Bachelor’s and Master’s degree applicants and their advisers about applying to and studying at TalTech University.
Student counsellor at School of Business and Governance
Student counsellor at School of Business and Governance can help you
with questions about the study programme.
(+372) 620 3940
Contact a Student Ambassador
Student Ambassador can help you with questions about living in Estonia, travelling to Estonia, work and housing options or free time activities for students.