Noorteadlaste konverents 'Innovation, Institutions and Governance' 16.-19. september 2017
Capitalist economies are dynamic systems that evolve while putting into motion structural, technological, and socio-political changes. Not only Veblen believed that Economics is an evolutionary science but also Sombart, Schmoller, Marx, Schumpeter, Nelson and to some extent Keynes, Braudel, Galbraith among others. Yet, the recognition of historical nature of capitalist configurations and of interdependence between various spheres (economy, polity, society) keeps being disregarded by 'self-regulated market' ideology. To move away from such a constraining vision we seek to bring together scholars working on various types and aspects of innovation, which is a multi-faceted phenomenon.
The ‘Boot Camp’ format of the conference is interactive and besides presentation of papers by participants includes 2.5h workshops with such leading scholars of innovation as Carlota Perez (London School of Economics/Tallinn University of Technology), Erik S. Reinert (Tallinn University of Technology/The Other Canon Foundation), Dan Breznitz (University of Toronto), William Janeway (Warburg Pincus/Cambridge University), and round tables with local policy-makers and representatives from local business community to address topics discussed at the workshops from policy perspectives.
- Submission of abstracts (500 words): May 1
- Submission of applications for travel stipends: May 1
- Notification of acceptance: May
- Notification regarding travel stipends: May
- Submission of full papers: August 1
Economic Challenges in Enlarged Europe
The 9th International Conference & Summer School Economic Challenges in Enlarged Europe will take place from 11 – 16 June 2017 in Tallinn and the Nelijärve lake resort.
The event aims to bring together academics as well as practitioners to discuss topical issues and disseminate high quality research in economics, finance, business, work arrangements and law with a European focus.
The short courses develop academic publishing skills and cover some special topics in economics and finance.
- Submission deadline of extended abstracts (I round): 15 January 2017
- Extended submission deadline of extended abstracts (II round): 2 April 2017
- Notification of acceptance/rejection (I round): 1 February 2017
- Notification of acceptance/rejection (II round): 1 April 2017
- Deadline for registration and payment: 15 April 2017
- Submission deadline of full papers: 15 May 2017
- Conference & Summer School: 11 – 16 June 2017
- Final papers for journals: 1 August /15 September 2017