Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance was established in 1992 as the Department of Public Administration. Since 2013 it carries the name Ragnar Nurkse Department of Innovation and Governance.
We are the only research centre in Estonian offering governance and public administration teaching on BA, MA and PhD level.
Academic recognitions of the Department
- Based on Shanghai Rankings, we belong among the TOP200 schools of public administration globally;
- Our programs have been accredited by both the Estonian Quality Agency for Higher and Vocational Education (EKKA) and the European Assocation of Public Administration Accreditation (EAPPA);
- Nurkse Department employs 4 Estonian National Research Award winners in social sciences: Prof. Wolfgang Drechsler, Prof. Rainer Kattel Prof. Tiina Randma-Liiv, Prof. Ringa Raudla.
We are member of the leading research communities in our fields:
- International Public Policy Association, IPPA;
- OECD Schools of Government network;
- European Group for Public Administration, EGPA;
- The Networks of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe, NISPACee.
Our teaching programmes are members of the following international consortia: