For upcoming events please visit www.taltech.ee/en/ecee.
Following the 2009-2018 events with participants from a large number of countries, Tallinn University of Technology hosted the 11th Conference "Economic Challenges in Enlarged Europe" from 16–18 June 2019 in Tallinn.
The event series is organised by Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) in collaboration with Eesti Pank (Central Bank of Estonia) and Association for the Study of East European Economies and Cultures (USA).
We have the honour of hosting the renowned professor of macroeconomics, Michael Funke from the University of Hamburg, and esteemed professor of finance Ronald Anderson from London School of Economics and Political Science as keynote speakers.
The keynote speech by Prof. Ronald Anderson is scheduled for Mon, 17 June 10.30.
The keynote speech by Prof. Michael Funke is scheduled for Mon, 17 June 12.00.
Horizon 2020 Project IKID Annual Meeting for invited participants, coordinated by the project leader Prof. Aaro Hazak will take place on 19 June 2019.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the Marie Skłodowska-Curie grant agreement No 734712.
- Economic Environment & Transition
You are kindly invited to submit papers for this conference. We would especially encourage submissions on:
- macroeconomic effects and economic policy considerations under global change;
- consequences of economic fluctuations on the financial sector and related opportunities;
- real sector implications and labour market responses to the changing economic environment;
- economic development and convergence/disintegration issues in enlarged Europe;
- work arrangements in the changing socio-economic context;
- financial decisions and considerations in the complex economic environment;
- regulatory efficiency in Europe and its economic and policy implications;
- comparative regional studies (e.g. Nordic countries, CEE countries, Western/Southern European countries, non-EU countries etc).
Submissions on other topics falling under one of the thematic tracks (see above) are also very welcome.
Authors are invited to submit extended abstracts of their papers by 1 April 2019 electronically (MS Word or PDF format) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submitted file should be named with the last name and first initial of the first author (e.g. "SmithJ.doc"). The extended abstract should start with the title of the paper; name of the author(s); affiliation, mailing address, telephone, and E-mail addresses of the author(s); and preferable track (see above) for the paper. The subsequent extended abstract of 400-500 words should outline the background, methodology, data, results and main contribution of the paper. Only abstracts of papers which have not already been published or accepted for publication in journals will be considered.
The Academic Committee will review all submissions and the submitting authors will be notified of the decision by 10 April 2019. After notification of acceptance, a full paper should be submitted by 15 May 2019 by e-mail to email@example.com.
If you wish your paper to be considered for journal publication, please submit your final full paper, incorporating any changes arising from the discussion and feedback received at the event, by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1 August 2019 (I round), or if not ready by that time, please submit your final paper by 15 September 2019 (II round).
All accepted papers are eligible to be considered for publication in the regular or special issues of one of the following international peer-reviewed academic journals:
- Emerging Markets Finance and Trade (EMFT). The articles in EMFT are indexed/abstracted in Thomson Reuters, Scopus and many other databases. EMFT is published by Taylor & Francis.
- Eastern European Economics (EEE). The articles in EEE are indexed/abstracted in Thomson Reuters, Scopus and other databases. EEE is published by Taylor & Francis.
- Journal of Institutional Economics (JOIE). JOIE articles are indexed in Thomsons Reuters, Scopus, ERIH PLUS and many other databases. JOIE is published by Cambridge University Press.
- Baltic Journal of Economics (BJE). The articles in BJE are indexed/abstracted in Thomson Reuters, Scopus and other databases. BJE is published by Taylor & Francis.
- Baltic Journal of Management (BJM). BJM is abstracted/indexed in Thomson Reuters, Scopus as well as other databases; and is published by Emerald Group Publishing.
- Baltic Journal of European Studies (BJES). BJES is abstracted/indexed in Scopus and other databases. BJES is published by De Gruyter.
Papers will be reviewed for the above journals following their normal review criteria. Please note that the acceptance of a paper for presentation is not a guarantee of publication, but only a limited number of outstanding papers will be published by the journals.
If you wish your paper to be considered for journal publication, please send us your final full paper, incorporating any changes arising from the discussion and feedback received, by 1 August 2019 (I round) or by 15 September 2019 (II round). See Submissions for further information.
The event will begin with Welcome Reception in the evening of Sunday, 16 June. The Welcome Reception is preceded by a combined bus and walking tour in Tallinn for those who are interested.
Monday, 17 June will start with plenary sessions in the morning, followed by parallel sessions after the lunch until the evening. The day will end with conference dinner at restaurant Scheeli in Tallinn Old Town.
Tuesday, 18 June will be devoted to parallel sessions.
The venue of the conference will be the conference centre of Hotel Euroopa, a 4-star hotel in Tallinn city centre, walking distance from the Old Town. The hotel address is Paadi 5.
The hotel is a short taxi ride from the airport and bus station. The hotel is connected to both the airport (Lennujaam) and the bus station (Autobussijaam) also by bus no 2, the bus stop (Reisisadam D-terminal) is in close proximity to the hotel. The ferry terminal for sea connections to Finland and Sweden is a walking distance from the hotel.
- Prof. Aaro Hazak, Tallinn University of Technology; Chair of the Committee (Estonia)
- Prof. Josef C. Brada, Department of Economics, Arizona State University; Editor, Eastern European Economics; Editor, Comparative Economic Studies (USA)
- Prof. Kadri Männasoo, Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- Prof. Juan Carlos Cuestas, Bank of Estonia and Tallinn University of Technology (Estonia)
- Dr. Martti Randveer, Head of the Economics and Research Department, Bank of Estonia (Estonia)
- Prof. Jüri Sepp, University of Tartu (Estonia)
- Mrs. Liina Kulu, Bank of Estonia (Estonia)
Ms. Elke Joosep
Phone: +372 6204057