Practical Robotics with 3D printing (4 ECTS)
BA and MA students with relevant background (mechanical engineering, mechatronics, information technology, etc) or students interested in robotics and programming.
Aims of the course
To give overview of the use of microcontrollers for robotic applications and CAD modelling with 3D printing for robot mechanical design. To develop practical skills and knowledge of the robotics and apply acquired knowledge for the practical robotic tasks.
- Student is familiar with microcontroller general architecture and has an overview of practical applications of microcontrollers in mechatronics.
- Student knows practical microcontroller programming and application potentialities in mechatronics on the base of a chosen microcontroller.
- Student is able to: design and produce robot chassis with rapid prototyping technology; compose microcontroller based robotic control procedures; compose and solve basic microcontroller procedures for a robotic system; compose and solve microcontroller use practical problems and knows how to get support;
- Student gets an experience in designing, programming and building a robotic system.
- Student participates in a student robot contest.
The topics include overview of:
CAD systems and rapid prototyping technologies like 3D printing;
Microcontroller architecture and applications on the base of chosen microcontroller;
Microcontroller interfacing with sensors and actuators in mechatronic systems.
Practical robot design and CAD modelling.
3D printing technologies and preparation for 3D print.
Teamwork and practical robot building for given task.
General Chair: Raivo Sell, Ph.D in mechatronics and product development
Information coming soon!