Located in Tallinn, October 6-8, 2020
- For virtual attendees we will soon share information how to join with the conference. Email will be sent to your BEC2020 registration e-mail
- As of 1 September, anyone who returns to Estonia from countries in which the risk of being infected with COVID-19 is higher can have themselves tested for COVID-19 at the airport or at the ferry port (cost ~70€) in order to reduce the duration of the period in which they are required to self-isolate prior to any return to work. More information about testing
Deadline extension (updated 15.06.2020)
- Deadline for submission of papers
June 1, 2020 June 15, 2020July 20, 2020
- Notification of acceptance of papers
July 13 2020 July 20, 2020August 24, 2020
- Deadline to submit the final version on
August 31, 2020September 19, 2020 Deadline for payment of early bird conference fee July 31, 2020
- Deadline of payment for regular conference fee September 19, 2020
Important information! (updated 15.06.2020)
We have received several questions regarding COVID-19 emergency and its possible consequences on travel, participation in the conference, and its organization. The Steering Committee, after discussions of the situation, has drawn the following changes in BEC2020 organization. The conference will be held as a hybrid conference. The session tracks will be locally running Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech) premises for those who have the possibility to participate on-site. The videoconference will be available for those who are not able to participate on-site. Due to the organizational changes, the deadline for submission of papers is extended to July 20th. This is final, no other deadline extensions will follow. The extensions of other related deadlines are available on the conference website.
In case you have already submitted a paper, you are welcome to improve it until the referred date.
The conference fees have been recalculated based on the organizational changes:
- Regular IEEE Member -150 €
- Regular Non-IEEE Member -200 €
- Student IEEE Member -100€
- Student Non-IEEE Member -150€
- Videoconference seat for a presenting participant -100€
- Videoconference seat for the non-presenting participant -50€
- The conference fees do not include accommodation and lunches.
Since March 23, 2006 our conference has been entered into the IEEE Meetings Database
The conference is approved by IEEE under registration #49624, and the full texts of the accepted and presented papers will be submitted to IEEE Xplore®
The technical committee will propose the authors of selected papers to have their work extendended for publication in Special editions in one journal:
Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220; CODEN: SENSC9); open access; Impact Factor: 2.677 (2016) – 1620CHF
The extended papers (min 50% of original) will pass the journal’s review process, independent from the BEC review process, and will be subject to additional payment as notified above – according to the publisher’s policy.