COOPERATION WITH LABORATORY For PROACTIVE TECHNOLOGIES
Smart environments are intertwined with cyber, physical and social systems, where cyber parts are often being invisible to humans. At the same time these systems are proactive, able to collect, exchange and process a lot of information. Laboratory for Proactive Technologies focuses on theoretical and practical research of such smart environments. This includes data analysis, data processing, the use of data for modeling, simulation and the creation of digital twins to improve user situational awareness and decision-making.
- Machine learning based data analysis, semantic segmentation, classification and object detection
- Design of low-power sensing systems for both indoor and urban environments
- Statistical analysis and quantifying uncertainty
- Modelling and simulation for enhancing situational awareness of decision makers
- Design of digital-twins utilizing data from real world sources
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
The research group investigates problems related to human-cyber-physical systems. Our experience can potentially be applicable to many tasks:
- Design of technical Situation Awareness solutions that provide decisionmakers real actionable data;
- Problems where information for decision making must be combined from many different data sources;
- Predict potential future scenarios by modelling and simulation;
- Both large scale and local sensor data analysis for diagnostics and status analysis.
Experimental studies combined with uncertainty quantification and development of related software tools.
Analysis of sensor data from various sources and diagnostics of industrial systems with IoT sensors.
Modelling and simulation for designing digital counterparts and digital twins.
Design of smart city sensors for detection and classification of vehicles and pedestrians.
REFERENCES AND PREVIOUS PROJECTS
- Copernicus Climate Change Service, Collection and Processing of In Situ Observations, Access to Observations from Baseline and Reference Networks, and Comprehensive Upper-air Observations (2021–2025)
- Real Time Building Performance Audit (2021–2023)
- Intelligent Smart City and Critical Infrastructure Protection Technologies ISC2PT II (2020–2022)