Free-movers from Ukraine
If you want to study at TalTech for one or two semesters, while holding your current students’ status in your home university, afterwards transferring the received courses in TalTech to your home university - you are a free-mover. If you want to study a full degree in TalTech, you find more information here.
Application Deadline for Autumn 2022 or full academic year 2022/2023 is June 1st.
War Refugees with Ukrainian citizenship from following Ukrainian universities can apply to all TalTech Schools:
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- National Technical University "Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute"
- National Technical University of Ukraine "Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute"
- Sumy State University
- Lviv Polytechnic National University
Applicants from Ukrainian universities mentioned below can apply for specific TalTech schools:
School of Information Technologies:
- National Aerospace University Kharkiv Aviation Institute
- Kharkiv National University of Radioelectronics (NURE)
School of Engineering:
- Ivan Franko National University of Lviv
- National Aviation University
- National Mining University
School of Business and Governance:
- Yaroslav Mudryi National Law University
- National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy
- MIM Business School
If possible, we ask a nomination from your home university. Please ask your university Coordinator or contact by yourself to email@example.com
- Up to 2 years old international English language certificate, min B2 level is required.
- English language test performed at any other Estonian university.
- Or you can take the English test at TalTech Language Center.
The test will be free for you, when you inform us.
Two testing times are available:
June 8th, 10.30 -13.30 Akadeemia tee 3, room SOC 313 registration until June 5th, firstname.lastname@example.org
August 4th 11.00-14.00 Akadeemia tee 3, room SOC 313 registration until July 29; 12:00, email@example.com
Bring your identification document with you!
- Transcript of Records (ToR). In the absence of a ToR, any official Document, proving previous studies at your home university. To get proof, you can apply for an Education Background Certificate from ENIC/NARIC, you will get confirmation within 60 days.
- Copy of your Identification Document
- Learning Agreement
Letter of Acceptance will issued when all the requirements are fulfilled.
Coming as a free mover, you must choose min 70% subjects based on the curriculum and study level you are studying in Ukraine (TalTech course offer is here). You are allowed to take up to 30 ECTS per semester, including EuroTeQ virtual subjects.
There is no tuition fee.
TalTech grants a scholarships to Ukrainian students who hold a refugee/temporary protection status in Estonia, and who were matriculated at an Ukrainian university at the time of fleeing the country. The amount of scholarship is 800 euros per month. All those students are automatically eligible for a disadvantage background allowance of 250 euros per month. The amount of the monthly allowance would be 800 + 250 = 1050 euros total.
Students have to cover their accommodation and daily expenses by themselves.
For more information please contact Kerti Sönmez: firstname.lastname@example.org, and you will be notified how to submit your application.