Autumn Semester 2020, Before arrival
- Before the start of the trip, you need to check if any restrictions apply to entry from your departure/ transit country on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs page: https://vm.ee/en/information-countries-and-self-isolation-requirements-passengers
- If your departure and/ or transit country is not on the list or the infection rate is above 16 per 100 000 inhabitants, you must self-isolate for 14 days upon your arrival to Estonia. Isolation means that the individual is obligated to refrain from unnecessary contacts for 14 days from their arrival in Estonia and is allowed to leave their place of residence or accommodation only for seeing a doctor, shopping for food, essentials and medicines, and in emergencies. It is also strongly recommended to avoid using public transport to reach your address in Estonia. Please use the taxi service if possible. Wearing a mask is obligatory!
- From September 1st you may take tests in the airport and ports. https://www.terviseamet.ee/en/news/tomorrow-anyone-arriving-risk-countries-can-take-coronavirus-tests-airport-and-ferry-port
- If you are a resident of TalTech Academic Hostel and are required to self-isolate, you need to inform them about your arrival date and time on firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you present symptoms during self-isolation, you must inform email@example.com and the accommodation provider immediately. The student is liable for the costs incurring in case of illness, such as food costs, medicine costs, etc.
- We strongly recommend arriving to Estonia at least two weeks prior to the start of studies and orientation days, so that possible isolation requirement would not interfere with attending classes.
- The student is responsible for conforming to the self-isolation requirements. Students that fail to conform to the self-isolation requirements will not be allowed to proceed with their exchange semester at TalTech.
It is allowed to begin your travel only if you are completely healthy (without showing any symptoms of an infectious disease). Attending classroom studies is also allowed only if you are completely healthy.
The information is compiled according to the following government orders:
Tallinn University of Technology
Office U02-201, from Monday to Thursday 9:30-16:00, closed on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
We strongly recommend to come to the office only when absolutely necessary.
You may send all your documents for signing by e-mail.
NB! One person at a time is allowed to enter the office!