About the project
Taking into account the relatively low automation and robotization of the traditional fossil fuels industry, a significant retraining is necessary for the workforce in transition to modern technological industrial sectors. This has to be done, in order for the potentially available workforce to meet the needs and requirements set by the modern mechatronics oriented industry, which actively implements the Industry 4.0 ideology. To meet those requirements, the project proposes retraining courses for the soon-to-be-available workforce. The topics covered by the retraining are electrical drives, automation, robotics, power electronics, and condition monitoring of industrial systems. These separate fields are strongly interconnected and overlapping, and together with the connection point of IT technologies, they can be considered the main technological pillars of modern mechatronics oriented industry.
Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech), Estonia www.taltech.ee – Project coordinator
Politechnika Śląska (Silesian University of technology, SUT), Poland www.polsl.pl
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen (University of Applied Sciences Mittelhessen, THM) Germany www.thm.de
Zapadoceska univerzita v Plzni (University of West Bohemia, UWB) Czech Republic www.zcu.cz
- 26-27 January 2022 - Kick-off meeting (Tallinn, Estonia).
The first meeting with the REMAKER project participants. Focused on establishing of common goals and the purpose of the REMAKER project. The meeting took place in hybrid format.
- 04-08 April 2022 - C1 Study visit on power electronics (Gliwice, Poland).
The activity includes visits to field-dedicated laboratories in KENER - Department of Power Electronics, Electrical Drives and Robotics, exchange of best practices in education between partners, and on-site familiarization with distant learning methods and tools applied by the host for the education and research of power electronics.
- 30 May - 02 June 2022 - C2 Study visit on robotics (Gießen, Germany).
The activity includes visits to field-dedicated laboratories in THM, Department of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, where different industrial robots are used for R&D as well as related education. In addition, the activity includes a technical visit to the Hannover Fair.
- 3-6 October 2022 - C3 Industrial visit to Czech industry (Pilsen, Czech Republic).
The visit includes visits to field-dedicated laboratories in University of West Bohemia (Pilsen campus), RICE laboratory, factories of Škoda Electric and BRUSH CZ.
- 13-17 February 2023 - C4 Study visit on electrical drives and condition monitoring of industrial systems (Tallinn, Estonia).
The main aim of Study visit was to develop the structure and specification of the retraining module supporting pieces of training in the field of electrical drives and condition monitoring of industrial systems. The study visit also included TalTech Virumaa college, located in the project's focus area.
- 22-26 May 2023 - C5 Industrial visit to German industry (Gießen, Germany). During the meeting, we visited different industrial companies, such as ABB, Buderus and Bosch Thermotechnik. Also, we have been in beautiful places and even climbed some towers.
- 09-13 October 2023 - C6 Study visit on automation (Pilsen, Czech Republic). The main aim of the C6 meeting is to develop the structure and specification of the retraining module supporting pieces of training in the field of automation. The program also included study visits to the company dealing with highly automated manufacturing processes.
- 14.02.2022 Needs for Retraining of Fossil Fuel Mining Area Workforce in Estonia and Poland
- 04.07.2022 Mechatronik für Bergbau-Ingenieure (in German)
- 27.09.2022 Project cart
- 27.04.2023 Fakulta elektrotechnická ZČU připravuje v mezinárodním konsorciu rekvalifikační kurzy pro těžaře
- 26.05.2023 Lukáš Veg a Roman Pechánek: V Plzni připravujeme rekvalifikační kurzy pro moderní průmysl
- 20.07.2023 Studies for miners
- 17. 10. 2023 Fakulta elektrotechnická ZČU hostila mezinárodní delegaci v rámci projektu REMAKER
TALLINN UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
Address: Ehitajate tee 5, 19086 Tallinn, Estonia
Phone: +372 620 2002
Fax: +372 620 2020
Prof Anton Rassõlkin
Department of Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics
Tallinn, Ehitajate tee 5. Room NRG-204
Partner team leaders:
Politechnika Śląska (Poland) – Prof. Mariusz Stępień
Technische Hochschule Mittelhessen (Germany) – Prof. Rafael Greszczynski
Zapadoceska univerzita v Plzni (Czech Republic) – Prof. Roman Pechánek