Registration deadline 15 August 2023.
The 8th biennial Shadow Conference “The Shadow Economy, Tax Evasion and Public Finances” is organised by the Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia. The conference will be held over the days 21–24 September 2023.
The conference aims at bringing together researchers and practitioners focusing within the overall conference theme including:
- shadow economy
- tax compliance
- money laundering
- formal and informal institutions
- behavioural economics
- tax evasion and public finances.
The conference will provide a great opportunity for scholars across disciplines to explore and discuss recent research on the shadow economy, tax evasion, public finances and related fields, from the perspectives of households, firms and governments.
You can check out previous conference editions: The Shadow Conference.
Special issue of the Baltic Journal of Economics (WoS, Scopus, IF 2021: 1.92). Submission information after the conference.
- Submission deadline of extended abstracts or full papers: 15 June 2023
- Notice of acceptance: 1 July 2023
- Deadline for registration: 15 August 2023
- Deadline for payment of the participation fee: 15 August 2023
- Conference: 21–24 September 2023
- 300 euros including the optional social programme on 24 September
- 240 euros without the optional social programme on 24 September
- Palace Hotel (Vabaduse väljak 3, Tallinn)
120 EUR/night Standard single room
- Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia (Liivalaia 33, Tallinn)
105 EUR/night Standard single room; 110 EUR/night Standard double room
- Hotel St Barbara (Roosikrantsi 2a, Tallinn)
70 EUR/night Standard single room
For detailed information please see the document here.