The maritime sector needs experts with scientific work experience as lecturers, researchers in both the private and public sectors to ensure the sustainable development of the maritime sector in Estonia. The maritime doctoral programme is open to graduates with a Master's degree in maritime studies, but also to graduates from other disciplines who are motivated to acquire a broad maritime horizon and the necessary knowledge and skills during their doctoral studies.
The main objective of the maritime specialisation is to acquire the knowledge, skills and experience for independent research, development, teaching or professional work in the field of maritime affairs. The aim of the curriculum is to bring the knowledge and skills of doctoral candidates to the level of a highly qualified professional recognised in the international scientific community.
In cooperation with the Faculty of Engineering, the Estonian Maritime Academy has one doctoral programme - Engineering Sciences, with main speciality in Maritime Studies.
Information about studies
- Degree: PhD – doctoral studies
- Duration: 4 years
- School: School of Engineering
- Study load: 240 ECTS credits (see the programme)
- Further studies: postdoctoral
ORGANISATION OF STUDIES
- Language of instruction and mode of study: English, full time, lectures are held in the evenings
- Tuition fee: studies are free of charge and during the nominal period of study (4 years), the doctoral student-junior researcher starting studies from 2022 is entitled to a gross monthly income from €1,443. (Industrial doctorates are paid by their employer, and the university is under no obligation to provide them with a grant. There is no financial support from the state or the university for doctoral students.)
- Admission: TalTech admission requirements
FORMS OF DOCTORAL STUDIES
Early Stage Researcher
Industrial Doctoral Student
Admission periods for academic year 2022/2023
Submission of documents:
2 June - 30 June 2022
Deadline for interviews:
31 July 2022
Approval of candidates:
19 August 2022
26 August 2022
No PhD positions are available right now. Follow available PhD positions through TalTech official online application platform Glowbase.