Information and Communication Technology
The doctoral study programme aims at the preparation of leading specialists, researchers and instructors in the domain of information and communications technology for public sector, national economy, universities and research institutions. More information about the curriculum can be found in the Study Information System.
Please find additional information about PhD programmes and Doctoral studies in TalTech here.
Doctoral studies (PhD studies) predominantly consist of supervised research. The duration of PhD studies is 4 years. The entry requirement for PhD programs is Master's degree or its international equivalent. The prerequisite for admission is the study plan, developed in cooperation with the supervisor. More detailed information about PhD admission can be found here.
Information about scholarships for PhD students can be found on the website of School of Information Technologies and on Taltech PhD student website.
Guidelines for PhD studies
- Best practices of scientific publishing in the School of IT
- Authorship policies overview
- Formatting the PhD thesis
- Defence procedure in the School of IT
- Guidelines for pre-review of doctoral thesis
- Recommendations for the PhD Defense
- Guidelines for Doctoral Thesis Opponents and Committee Members
- Guide to Ethical Writing
- The European Code of Conduct of Research Integrity