Erasmus+ is the European Union’s programme that supports education, training, youth and sport. The 2021-2027 programme places a strong focus on social inclusion, the green and digital transitions, and promoting young people’s participation in democratic life.
Erasmus+ mobility opportunities give a positive effect on educational, social, personal and professional development. It improves employability, helps confidence building, independence, and builds a sense of European belonging.
Below you can see what study abroad options Erasmus+ has to offer:
Erasmus+ student mobility for studies offers a possibility to spend a semester or a full Academic Year in one of the TalTech partner universities within the Member States of the European Union and Third countries associated to the Programme (North Macedonia, Serbia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey).
During studies abroad, students must take at least 15 ECTS per semester, which are compatible with their study programme. The duration of the physical mobility can be from 2 to 12 months.
When applying for studies abroad within the Erasmus+ programme, students will receive a scholarship and tuition fee is waived in the host university.
Check the requirements and how to apply under Application information.
- Erasmus offers possibilities for internship abroad as well. Find more information here.
- Erasmus Student Charter highlights your rights and obligations and informs you about what you can expect from your sending and receiving institution at each step of your mobility.
- For the feedback of former Erasmus students take a look at the results of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) Surveys. The ESNsurvey is a Europe-wide research project covering different topics concerning mobility and education. It is the largest project of its kind carried out solely by volunteers.
As a new possibility within the Erasmus+ programme, students can also do a blended short-term mobility, combining a virtual period with a physical short-term mobility:
- Contains 5-30 days of physical presence abroad;
- Contains a virtual period before or after the physical mobility;
- Must receive at least 3 ECTS.
As part of short-term mobility, you can participate in Blended Intensive Programme (BIP) organized by one of the partner universities of TalTech.
For PhD students, besides the blended mobility, students can carry out a short-term doctoral mobility (5-30 days) without the virtual period. In this case, the 3 ECTS requirement is not applicable.
- Student must fulfill the main and additional requirements;
- Short-term/blended mobility has to be related to your studies;
- The basis of the short-term/blended mobility is an Erasmus+ cooperation agreement between the home and host university. This means, only mobilities, within TalTech Erasmus+ partner universities can be funded. Before applying, make sure to check if the host university is TalTech’s Erasmus+ partner, and if the agreement covers your study field, your study cycle and if there are any available places. Should you need assistance and more information about a specific partner university, please contact email@example.com
Available Blended Intensive Programmes:
- BIPs in St. Pölten University of Applied Sciences
- BIPs in Polytechnic Institute of Bragança
- BIPs in University of Maribor, Slovenia
Erasmus BIP Database a new portal has been created to share upcoming BIPs.
As a new possibility within the Erasmus+ programme, students can take part in the international dimension, which involves third countries that are not associated to the programme.
Students must find a host university that is willing to host them and receive a Letter of Confirmation. Based on the Letter of Confirmation, TalTech has the opportunity to sign a one-time cooperation agreement with them, which grants the student a scholarship for the student mobility.
Letter of Confirmations has to be sent to the Mobility Centre before the application round. Regular application process must be followed. See more information about the requirements and how to apply here.
NB! There is a fixed budget for International Dimension, meaning TalTech can process a limited number of applications on a first come first serve basis. See scholarship information here.
Erasmus forms for the 2023/2024 academic year
- Online Learning Agreement 2023-2024; Please fill in digitally!
- Exchange Studies Plan / Välisõpingute plaan
- ERASMUS+ Certificate of Attendance
- Confirmation of Arrival
- Transcript of Records (issued by the host university)
Use Erasmus+ documents checklist 2023-2024 to stay on track with all the needed documents before, during and after your exchange.
Students who only worked on an individual research paper or were engaged in a project at the partner university can use one of the following forms, which would replace the Certificate of Attendance and the Transcript of Records:
Please note that it is compulsory to transfer your credits from the exchange semester, as according to the rules of the Erasmus programme, they have to appear on your Diploma supplement when you graduate. Once the study results arrive from the host university, the student needs to fill in the Transfer form in OIS (VÕTA esitamine -> Esita Taotlus -> Lisa uus VÕTA alamliik -> VÕTA liik: non-TalTech course), print it out, have it signed by their academic adviser and then hand it in to their Dean's Office along with the original Transcript of Records. Please contact your Dean's Office in case you need assistance.
Presentations in English:
Presentations in Estonian:
Good to Know
When a TalTech student has started their studies during Autumn semester in a host university, and they feel like staying for Spring semester as well, there is a possibility to apply for the extension.
In order to extend, the student needs an approval from host university and also from TalTech. For that, fill in the Application for Extension form. Once it is signed by all the parties, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications to TalTech to extend the period of stay should be introduced no later than on the 1st of December. While applying for the extension, all the requirements has to be met.
Extension of the mobility cannot be applied for the transition to the following Academic Year (from Spring semester to Autumn semester).
The results will be announced after the deadline, when all the applications has been considered.
TalTech students have the option to conduct their thesis abroad in one of the Erasmus+ partner universities.
When writing your thesis abroad, you will need two supervisors:
- main supervisor from TalTech;
- co-supervisor from the host university.
It is recommended to discuss your plans with the Programme Director and/or a thesis supervisor in TalTech before applying, they might have good contacts in one of our partner universities.
Before applying, it is crucial to ensure that the chosen host university offers options for thesis writing within their institution. The student is responsible for independently seeking a co-supervisor from the host university.
The thesis can be written during the semester when the student is graduating. The end date of the mobility shall be 15th of May for spring semester or 15th of December for autumn semester. The thesis defense will take place at TalTech.
The minimum period that can be funded is 2 months.
When the student will postpone the graduation, they will have to pay the Erasmus+ scholarship back to TalTech.
TalTech is the leading side in the following programmes:
- Cybersecurity (IVCM) in cooperation with University of Tartu
- Materials and Process for Sustainable Energetics (KAYM) in cooperation with University of Tartu
- Design and Technology Futures (MADM) in cooperation with Estonian Academy of Arts
University of Tartu is the leading side of
- Software Engineering (IVSM) in cooperation with TalTech
Studies abroad: we recommend to apply for exchange studies through the leading side. In case you wish or have applied from the other side, please do let us know as early as possible by contacting Kerli Roosimaa: email@example.com
Internship abroad: should you wish to do your Erasmus+ internship abroad, you can apply from the leading side only.