Tallinn University of Technology

Long-stay (D) visa

Foreigner from outside the European Union who´s working period at TalTech is up to 1 year should apply for long-stay visa (D-visa) prior the arrival. D-visa may be issued for single or multiple entries into Estonia with a period of validity up to twelve months and with the period of stay up to 365 days. Receiving a D-visa takes approximately 2 weeks.

All non-EU foreigners whose working period exceeds 1 year should apply for temporary residence permit (TRP). Processing temporary residence permit takes approximately 2 months and therefore, we suggest to apply for D-visa simultaneously with the temporary residence permit.

You should apply for D-visa at the closest Estonian Embassy in your country or abroad. 

You can prefill the D-visa application form online here.

For more information and list of documents, see Estonian Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.

International Staff Centre applies for registration of short-term employment for you. 

Foreigners from non-EU countries who have short-term employment registration get Estonian ID-code automatically!

Who does not need a visa to visit Estonia?

Nationals of the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EEA) and any third-country national holding a residence permit of a Schengen State do not need a visa to enter Estonia.

In addition to the citizens from  EU, EEA and Schengen area following citizens do not need a visa to enter a Schengen area (incl. Estonia) for stays of no more than 90 days in any 180-day period: Who does not need a visa to visit Estonia