This programme has been developed in cooperation with University-Consortium in Science and Technology, BALTECH, and is simultaneously running in 4 universities in Sweden, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia.
The programme focuses on the following topics: Digital Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Planning & Control, Strategic & Financial Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Management, Rapid Product Development, Production Planning and Management, Production Digitalisation, Internet of Things for Industry and Innovation.
Students for this study programme are admitted based on the admission threshold. Online interview will be conducted only to the candidates who have passed the online multiple choice test. The maximum score for the online interview and the supporting information in your DreamApply application form (=CV) is 10 points; an applicant who receives the minimum of 5 points is admitted.
Please find the programme specific admission requirements below:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a speciality related to engineering, manufacturing, product development or economics.
In order to qualify for the studies in Tallinn University of Technology an applicant has to have at least 60% of the highest possible CGPA.
In order to apply, a candidate is required to upload a Test-taker Score Report of the GRE General Test to the DreamApply application system with the necessary threshold scores:
- Verbal Reasoning at least 145
- Quantitative Reasoning at least 150
- Analytical Writing score at least 3.0
This is a prerequisite for qualifying and has to be fulfilled latest by the application deadline.
Candidates who have obtained a full Bachelor's degree in EU, EFTA or OECD member state are waived from the GRE requirement.
Please see more information about our GRE General Test requirement here, including the exact eligibility criteria for being exempted from this prerequisite and how to order the test result electronically to TalTech.
Online multiple choice test takes place in a system called TalTech Moodle. The test itself is 7 minutes long and can be taken only once.
CAD systems are used for...
What are the strongest points of paramatric modelling?
What are the main functions of CAM systems?
What kind of information systems are used in area of manufacturing engineering?
Who benefits from product development?
What are main advantages of numerical controlled (NC) machining?
Quality management is used for...
Product development is a process which includes the following steps...
What is the role of engineers in product development processes?
Why customer requirements management is important?
Positive scale: 6-10 points.
The candidate must collect at least 6 points to continue.
Candidates who have successfully passed the test will be invited to the interview.
The aim of the interview is to understand your academic potential, motivation and suitability for your chosen course.
Questions are composed to assess your:
intellectual flexibility and analytical skills
assimilation of new ideas and information
Interview is discussion-based, mainly academic and programme-related:
The typical areas of expertise of the manufacturing engineering.
Industrial engineering is the engineering discipline that concerns...
Manufacturing process performance indicators are....
How to estimate the manufacturing cost per unit?
Product development (describes the process of...). What is the difference between product design and product assembly?
How to define the manufacturing planning?
The main components of Computer Integrated Manufacturing are...
How to describe numerically controlled (NC) machine tools?
How to estimate/describe the manufacturing quality. Why quality management is important?
What manufacturing engineers do in their everyday job?
Duration of the interview is 10-15 minutes.
Positive scale: 5-10 points
The key words of the present situation worldwide are production globalization, international and local cooperation and dynamic market. For those reasons, concepts as design, development and management of integrated systems of people, knowledge, equipment and materials are included in the curriculum.
Why this programme?
- Covers the main engineering and business management areas; technical courses are combined with economical and social courses
- Teaching staff includes lecturers from the industry and international professors
- On site visits to manufacturing firms and lots of area-related associations for students (ABB, Ericsson, Bestnet, Cybernetica, etc.)
- Different interactive games for Lean production, 5S and production management and optimisation skills development
- Students can use different equipment in Protolab (3D scanners, 3D printers and laser sintering units) and Flexible Manufacturing systems and Robotics Demo Centre (Virtual and Augmented reality technologies)
- Different ERP, PLM, CAD, CAE and Factory Floor Planning software is used in the study process
- Master’s theses are commonly based on real-life problems of the industry/company and therefore possess a practical value on top of an academic one. Many graduates proceed to work for the companies after graduation.
- The background of the students is very diverse. In addition to a variety of former educational paths there is also a significant proportion of working professionals who are able to enrich the learning process with their practical experience. That also enables valuable networking opportunities for foreign students.
CURRICULUM OUTLINE (120 ECTS)
- General studies - include courses about business process management, strategic and financial management, business negotiation and intercultural communication, industrial marketing, techno-economic paradigms and others.
- Core studies - cover industrial robotics and advanced manufacturing, production digitalisation, computer-aided manufacturing, modelling and testing of products and processes, computer aided design, etc.
- Special studies - consist of two specialisations: Industrial Engineering (production engineering - planning and control, optimisation methods, IoT for Industry, technology-based entrepreneurship and innovation, etc.) and Operations Management (quality management, lean operations, managerial psychology, supply chain management, project management, etc.).
- Free choice courses - students can choose from a wide variety of courses offered at the university.
- Graduation thesis - an individual research project that gives a deeper understanding of a topic related to manufacturing planning, management, engineering or economic analysis of production.
This programme aims to prepare engineers as future experts in their chosen speciality and have the required skills to manage an international company. Graduates possess the industry knowledge and transferable skills that enable them to work in a wide range of different jobs and industries. Possible positions include Production Manager, Project Manager, Quality Manager and CEO.
What students say
My decision to leave Germany after my Bachelor studies and start studying at TalTech came up randomly, but it has turned out to be the best choice I have made in terms of my personal development. TalTech provided me with a master’s degree that is very practical. The Industrial Engineering and Management Master's is an interdisciplinary programme of mechanical engineering, production optimisation and business administration. It gives you the chance to combine theoretical, scientific aspects with practical examples and after graduating you can work along the whole supply chain of a product (supplier, production or logistics side). Since engineers are the ones who develop the tangible part of the industry further and further, there should never be any difficulty finding a job in this field. Stefan Voigt, Germany
More to discover
TalTech international admissions office
TalTech international admissions office provides general advice to prospective Bachelor’s and Master’s degree applicants and their advisers about applying to and studying at TalTech.
Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student counsellor at School of Engineering
Student counsellor at School of Engineering can help you
with questions about the study programme.
(+372) 620 3633
(+372) 620 3260