The Modern Materials and Manufacturing (MMM2023) conference will take place on 2-4 May 2023 in the Radisson BLU Olümpia Hotel conference centre in Tallinn, capital of Estonia.
Photos taken at the conference and Gala Dinner, by Joanna Jõhvikas: https://joannajohvikas.pixieset.com/modernmaterialsandmanufacturing2023/
This conference is supported by the city of Tallinn
For useful advice and inspiration on Tallinn’s top attractions, activities, events, and places to eat and drink, check out the city’s official tourism portal, visittallinn.ee, or follow @VisitTallinn on social media.
The conference will bring together materials and manufacturing experts from academia and industry, and encourages new collaborations between different partners from academia, national competence centres, industry and funding bodies.
The accepted conference papers will be published after the conference in the journal AIP Conference Proceedings (American Institute of Physics), indexed in Scopus, etc.
The authors of the best papers will be invited to publish extended manuscripts after the conference free of charge either in the open-access journal Proceedings of the Estonian Academy of Sciences (Estonian Academy Publishers / Estonian Academy of Sciences), indexed in Scopus, Web of Science (Science Citation Index Expanded™), etc., or in the journal Mechanics of Composite Materials (Springer), indexed in Scopus, Web of Science, etc.
- IoT and Manufacturing
- Factories of the future
- Industry 4.0
- Industrial Engineering
- Logistics and transportation
- Supply Chain Management
- Quality Management
- Other related topics
- Additive manufacturing
- Powder metallurgy
- Engineering Materials
- Advanced materials
- Composite materials
- Nano materials
- Surface Engineering
- Other related topics
Paper Preparation and Submission
The Abstract, Full Conference Paper and Copyright Release Form must be submitted via the ConfTool Submission Server. If you don't have an account, please create one first.
IMPORTANT: We work with the metadata that you submit along with your paper, so please:
- Have the corresponding author submit the contribution
- Submit correct data:
- correct spelling of authors' names in paper and metadata
- coherent spelling of authors' names trough all your papers if you have more than one
- do not inverse first name/last name, etc.
Essential guidelines and templates for preparing your manuscript can be found here:
Authors must prepare their papers (max 6 pages) using our Microsoft Word or LaTeX2e templates, and then convert these to PDF format for submission.
- Abstract (max. one page A4) Submission extended until 7 November 2022
- Decision about abstract acceptance or rejection 15 November 2022
- Conference Full Paper Submission 16 January 2023
- Conference fee payment Early Bird 6 March 2023 / Regular 21 March 2023
Registration and Fees
Early Bird fee until 6 March 2023
Standard fee from 7 March 2023
Student (incl. PhD student)
Student special fee (only for invitees)
Fee for company representatives (without publication), May 2-3
Fee for conference delegates (without publication and gala dinner), May 2-3
Industry 5.0 registered participants (without publication and gala dinner), May 2-3. Registration until April 28 needed. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
The registration fee for the MMM2023 for one person includes conference attendance (including gala dinner), two papers for researchers and one paper for students.
Please note that VAT 20% is included in the registration fee.
Please turn with questions concerning registration and invoices to Mariann Lugus MMM2023@taltech.ee
The conference programme is divided between science and industry-centred days.
Science Days 2-3 May 2023
The programme can be found HERE or a PDF file HERE
Guided city tour, May 2, 5-6:30 pm
Starting from Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia (MMM2023 venue) 5 pm and ending in the old town 6:30 pm
A compact walking tour into Tallinn's fascinating past, but also present. You'll hear about the city's rich history and culture, but also its internal division; the rise to be an integral link in the Baltic sea trade, connecting Russian and Western markets for centuries, end of the golden era; occupations of the 20th century and rise to become the Silicon valley of Europe. Find out what made this location so important to all, from the vikings to crusaders and expanding empires. Tour will end with a little tasting surprise at the historical and medieval Olde Hansa III Dragon tavern. After the tour, the participants can carry on on their own to find a nice place for the dinner in and around the old town.
Please register for the tour on April 27 (midnight) at the latest.
Industry Day 4 May 2023
There are two options for the MMM2023 registered participants:
1) Estonian Industry Competitiveness Conference INDUSTRY 5.0, at Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia. The full-day programme can be found under the link.
Participation only after additional registration.
2) TalTech campus tour, visiting the labs. May 4, 09:00-12:00 am. Tour includes most interesting labs in the areas of Mechatronics and Industrial Engineering, covering different autonomous vehicles development, robotics, 3D printing, extended reality applications, cobots and many more.
Meeting point: TalTech main entrance, Ehitajate tee 5
Self-driving vehicles and autonomous systems competence center: https://iseauto.taltech.ee/en/
Research center of smart industry and robotics: https://taltech.ee/en/research-center-of-smart-industry-and-robotics
Industrial Virtual And Augmented Reality Laboratory IVAR: https://ivar.taltech.ee/
Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics labs: https://taltech.ee/en/epem-laboratories
NB! Participation only if registered here on April 27 (midnight) at the latest. REGISTRATION IS CLOSED.
Gala Dinner 3 May
On top of the conference programme, all the participants are warmly welcome to attend the festive Gala Dinner on 3 May in the new and picturesque Cruise Area at the Port of Tallinn.
Prof. Erwin Rauch
Head, Smart Mini Factory Lab, Industrial Engineering and Automation (IEA)
Free University of Bolzano, ITALY
Dr. Libor Preucil
Head, Intelligent and Mobile Robotics & Center for Advanced Field Robotics
Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics
Czech Technical University in Prague, CZECH REPUBLIC
Dipl.-Ing. Dr.mont. Ewald BADISCH
Scientific Head, Shareholder AC2T research GmbH – Exzellenzzentrum für Tribologie, AUSTRIA
Prof. Aleksander Mukasyan
Professor of Chemical Engineering, Director Manager Laboratory of Advanced Electron Microscopy ND-IIF University of Notre Dame, USA
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE OF DAAAM BALTIC 2023
- Prof. Tauno Otto, Chair (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Aigar Hermaste, Scientific Secretary (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Dago Antov (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Metin Aydogdu (Trakya University, Turkey)
- Dr. Rūta Banelienė (Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania)
- Prof. Algirdas Bargelis (Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania)
- Prof. Andris Chate (Riga Technical University, Latvia)
- Prof. Martin Eerme (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Dr. Tatjana Karaulova (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Kristo Karjust (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Branko Katalinic (Vienna University of Technology, Austria)
- Prof. Petri Kuosmanen (Aalto University, Finland)
- Prof. Minna Lanz (Tampere University, Finland)
- Dr. Tõnu Leemet (Estonian University of Life Sciences, Estonia)
- Prof. Andrei Lobov (Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway)
- Prof. Jüri Majak (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Jüri Riives (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Anna Zawada Tomkiewitcz (Koszalin University of Technology, Poland)
- Prof. Toms Torims (Riga Technical University, Latvia)
- Prof. Raine Viitala (Aalto University, Finland)
- Dr. Andrius Vilkauskas (Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania)
SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE OF BALTMATTRIB 2023
- Prof. Jakob Kübarsepp, Chair (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Dr. Andrei Surženkov, Scientific Secretary (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Dr. Ewald Badisch (AC2T Research GmbH, Excellence Centre of Tribology, Austria)
- Prof. Regita Bendikiene (Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania )
- Prof. Michael Gasik (Aalto University, Finland)
- Prof. Irina Hussainova (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Prof. Vytenis Jankauskas (Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania)
- Prof. Kaupo Kukli (Institute of Physics, University of Tartu, Estonia)
- Prof. Fjodor Sergejev (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Dr. Janis Locs (Riga Technical University, Latvia)
- Prof. Remigiusz Michalczewski (Institute for Sustainable Technologies RADOM, Poland)
- Dr. Vitali Podgurski (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
- Dr. Miguel A. Rodriguez (Instituto de Ceramica y Vidrio, Spain Academy of Sciences, Spain)
- Prof. Juozas Padgurskas (Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania)
- Prof. Sven Bossuyt (Aalto University, Finland)
- Prof. Emeritus Priit Kulu (Tallinn University of Technology, Estonia)
The conference will be held in the Radisson BLU Olümpia Hotel (address: Liivalaia 33, Tallinn, 10118, Estonia) conference centre in City centre of Tallinn, capital of Estonia. Please follow the instructions of the Tallinn official tourism portal VISIT TALLINN how to find your way to the venue and around in Tallinn.
Tallinn never fails to amaze visitors with its historical charm. At its heart is the Medieval Old Town, an area of cobblestone streets, gabled houses, churches and squares that developed here from the 13th to the 15th centuries when Tallinn boomed as a key Hanseatic commercial hub. Old Town has long been the main draw for newcomers – in fact it’s so unique that UNESCO added it to its World Heritage List in 1997. Other regions of the city reflect different ages, from the romantic, Tsarist-era Kadriorg Park to the unforgettable, early-20th-century wooden house district of Kalamaja. A modern shopping/business district in the city centre completes the tableau, making Tallinn an amazing blend of old and new. Learn about Tallinn Card and get it here.
Prolong your stay in Tallinn, see the opportunities at visittallinn.ee
Estonia is an amazing place of natural beauty and steeped in colourful history. Geographically, Estonia is on the north-eastern edge of the European Union, bordering Russia and Latvia. Estonia is often seen as the world’s leading innovator against the backdrop of untouched nature and rich medieval heritage. Being environmentally conscious and using sustainable resources are growing trends in Estonia, setting an example with its many organic farms, green events, sustainable activities, Green Key hotels and many other sustainable tourism options. Learn more about Estonia and what it has to offer: visitestonia.com
Travel and accommodation
Travel information, arrival in Tallinn and how to get around here, is well described on VISIT TALLINN portal "Plan your trip". One also finds updated advice on the events, eating out and other important details to make the most of your stay in Tallinn and prolong your stay before or after the conference.
PLEASE NOTE! There is construction of the new (Old Harbour) tramline at the city center which involves a large number of modifications in traffic and public transport. Current tram lines no. 2 and 4 stop operating during the period of 17 April – 2 July 2023. A temporary tram line no 6 Kopli – Tondi and a temporary bus line no. 52 Ülemiste jaam – Hobujaama are open. Info on timetables, routes and stops is available at www.transport.tallinn.ee
E.g. Tram line No 4, that used to be the direct transfer from the airport to city centre, is not operating.
- from airport to city center (about 30 min):
- from harbour to city center (about 60 min):
Navigation and traffic for drivers: Waze
Tallinn helpline: 14 410
Accommodation at special rates is available for the conference participants for the period of time of 1-5 May 2023. The booking is open. Please follow the instructions on the hotels websites.
Link: Radisson Blu Hotel Olümpia MMM2023 (conference venue)
OLY SGL 100 EUR night / TWIN 110 EUR night
Link: Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn MMM2023 (1,2 km walking distance to the conference venue)
PIC- SGL 75 EUR night / TWIN 85 EUR night
In case you prefer to book accommodation via the hotels' reservation centres, please use the promotional code: MMM2023
Phone +372 6 315 315
Radisson Blu Olümpia e-mail: email@example.com
Park Inn by Radisson Central Tallinn e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organizers and Contact
Mr. AIGAR HERMASTE
+ 372 620 3269
DR. ANDREI SURŽENKOV
+ 372 620 3347
+ 372 620 3683
PROF. KRISTO KARJUST
+ 372 620 3260