TalTech students can easily choose e-learning subjects for autumn semester as visiting students from top European technical universities, which together with TalTech belong to the EuroTeQ Engineering University alliance. Apply by June 20.
In the spring semester, a student from the Czech Technical University, Matěj Černík, chose the Intellectual Property Law course from TalTech. He encourages everyone to take advantage of EuroTeQ, as it brings a change in their daily routine and adds new dimentions to the core subjects of their profession. He added: "Furthermore, EuroTeQ partneruniversity´s logos look very impressive on your CV".
Karolina Kudelina, a doctoral student in Electrical Power Engineering and Mechatronics department at TalTech, chose a Dutch language course. “The lessons took place in a small group, which means almost an individual approach to each student. Learning was also made very diverse and easy: everyday topics, dialogues with speakers, learning from videos. We spoke as much Dutch as possible. Every effort was made to make the language more memorable," she recalled.
Courses are offered by the following universities:
- Technical University of Munich – TUM (Germany)
- Eindhoven University of Technology – TU/e (The Netherlands)
- Technical University of Denmark – DTU (Denmark)
- École Polytechnique – L´X (France)
- Czech Technical University in Prague – CTU (Czech Republic)
Students of mechanical engineering at TalTech have the opportunity to choose courses in Mechanical Engineering from the EuroTeQ course catalogue. Partner universities offer both online and hybrid learning courses, most of which are intended for master’s students. Find out more.
Steps to take the course(s):
- Choose suitable courses from the EuroTeQ website. Students can choose up to 3 courses, which can be from different universities.
- In the Study Information System (ÕIS), fill in the application for becoming a visiting student, indicating the courses you want to take from the foreign university. On the exchange programme line in the application, write ‘EuroTeQ’.
- Download the completed application from ÕIS and send it to your programme manager for approval. If you want to take courses from more than one foreign university at the same time, you must first print out a completed application for one university and then manually add the other university and selected courses before submitting the application to the programme manager.
- After the programme manager has sent you back a digitally signed application, forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org, at the latest by June 20. The information provided in the application will be shared with the foreign university and, if necessary, the foreign university will contact you.
- After the foreign university has approved your application, you will be sent more detailed information, such as how to declare the courses taken at the foreign university, etc.
- Once you have completed your courses, you will need to prepare an APEL application in ÕIS to have the courses be entered in your study record. Credits for completed courses are awarded in accordance with TalTech’s terms and procedure for Accreditation of Prior and Experiential Learning (APEL). Further reading – taltech.ee/en/vota
EuroTeQ Engineering University is a 3-year collaboration project between a number of universities across Europe, which aims to set up systematic and sustainable collaborations in teaching activities. The project will establish joint study programmes across different disciplines, sectors, and national borders.
The EuroTeQ Engineering University project is co-financed by the EU’s Erasmus+ programme.