Applied Artificial Intelligence Group
The Applied AI Group conducts research in application of AI methods in various fields and systems. We investigate applicability of machine learning, ontology based reasoning, automated theorem provers, knowledge discovery and other AI methods for solving digitalisation problems of different industrial and governmental stakeholders.
Our previous research has been concentrated on building software development methods and tools (e.g. CoCoViLa) with AI components, basically with program synthesis and ontology based knowledge representation components.
During a number of decades several software tools that facilitate AI techniques have been developed by the group. The following is a list of tools that are still in use or under deveopment:
- CoCoViLa – visual model-based software develpment environment - http://cocovila.github.io/
- WhiteDB – a lightweight NoSQL database library - http://whitedb.org/
- GKC – discussion tool on large knowledgebases – https://github.com/tammet/gkc
Currently we work on topics like application of AI methods in spatial data analysis, using machine learning for risk management in e-commerce and for public service delivery. The corresponding projects are listed as follows:
- Applied research for creating a cost-effective interchangeable 3D spatial data infrastructure with survey-grade accuracy
- Applied research for e-commerce EU VAT and duty declaration (as from 2021) digitalisation
- Machine learning and AI powered public service delivery