Our PRME journey
In September 2019, the School of Business and Governance (SBG) adopted the Principles for Responsible Management Education by becoming a PRME signatory, appointed ERS (ethics, responsibility, and sustainability) coordinator and formed an ERS working group. With this step, TalTech SBG became the first PRME signatory in Estonia.
The School’s ERS working group developed an ERS strategy for the years 2020 to 2028. It outlines the main strategic initiatives that are tied to the 6 PRME principles. In the process, each initiative was tied to goals and objectives to be fulfilled by 2024. The strategy implementation requires joint efforts of staff, faculty and students with active cooperation with all stakeholders.
More information about PRME and SDG
Our priority areas
In preparation of the strategy, we defined our priority areas in terms of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). These SDGs were determined through a survey, which was conducted amongst our staff in January 2020. These SDGs were mentioned the most frequently and are tied strongly to the main teaching and research focuses of the School’s departments.
- SDG4 Quality education
Teaching & research
- SDG9 Industry, innovation & infra
- SDG8 Decent work & economic growth
- SDG12 Responsible consumption & production
- SDG11 Sustainable cities & communities
- SDG16 Peace, justice & strong institutions
- SDG12 Responsible consumption and production
Source: United Nations, Sustainable Development Goals
ERS strategic initiatives and goals
ERS - Ethics, Responsibility, and Sustainability
SDG - Sustainable Development Goals
PRME - Principles of Responsible Management Education
- Initiative: To pay greater attention to sustainable development goals (SDGs) and ERS in the everyday activities of the School.
Goal: To increase the awareness of the School’s staff about the values of global social responsibility and ERS.
- Initiative: To improve students’ awareness of ERS principles and SDGs.
Goal: To increase the coverage of ERS and SDGs in courses.
- Initiative: To empower students in the implementation of ERS principles and SDGs.
Goal: To encourage student research (e.g., theses, student papers, projects) on ERS- and SDG-related topics.
- Initiative: To create a working and learning environment that promotes the implementation of ERS and SDGs in the core activities of the School.
Goal: To promote the adoption of environmentally friendly behaviour and practices in the School’s daily practices.
- Initiative: To incorporate ERS and SDGs in the School’s teaching activities.
Goal: To increase the coverage of ERS and SDGs in the School’s study programmes and courses.
- Initiative: To increase the coverage and visibility of SDGs and/or ERS in the School’s research and in its dissemination.
Goal: To increase the number of publications by the School’s research staff that study SDGs and/or ERS in business and society.
- Initiative: To increase School’s cooperation with private and public organizations, and alumni for promoting sustainability, and social and environmental responsibility.
Goal: To increase the knowledge transfer concerning sustainability, and social and environmental responsibility through training and consulting.
- Initiative: To promote dialogue among the staff, students, and other stakeholders through different social responsibility and sustainability-related actions.
Goals: To increase the participation of the School’s staff and students in activities that facilitate. To increase public awareness of sustainable decision-making and actions.
The report covers progress and activities related to Responsible Management Education at TalTech School of Business and Governance.
You are welcome to contact us, looking forward to our successful cooperation!